COVID-19 Safety Measures
Polus Dental has always implemented strict sterilization and sanitation policies.
- All instruments are sterilized or sterile single use disposable.
- We have two sterilizers which are in constant use and spore tested weekly.
- All contact surfaces are covered then stripped and disinfected with high level disinfectant wipes after each patient and then recovered for the next patient.
- High volume evacuation is always used with any procedures involving aerosolization.
- Proper OSHA hand washing techniques before and after patient contact.
- Our ventilation system constantly vents air from the office and replaces it with fresh air from outside.
- The system has high efficiency filters and Needlepoint Bipolar Ionization units to kill bacteria, viruses and mold spores in the air.
- It reduces VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) and airborne particles as well.
New safety measures to abide by social distancing
- All patients will be screened for COVID 19 and temperature taken upon arrival.
- Staff will also follow same protocol for screening and temperature.
- All reading material has been removed from reception area.
- Chairs were reduced and placed six feet apart in the reception area.
- Any person accompanying the patient will be required to wait in the car until patient is ready.
- Markings of 6 feet from front desk have been made to aid in proper check out.
- Reduced number of patients per day.
- Frequent wipe down of reception area, bathrooms, door handles and light switches.